segunda-feira, 7 de julho de 2014

Por Steinarr Ólafsson 
23/05/2014
Official Blog: http://steinarro.wordpress.com/


A coffee farm in the middle of nowhere in Brazil isn’t that much different from any other place I’ve been to in my short life. There is of course a little cultural difference, but on a day to day basis it’s the same. The people here wake up, go to work and then return home to their families. Pretty much the same as my parents have done all their life in Iceland.
My days here are normal, I wake up, go to work and return home. But every now and then something different happens to stir up my daily routine.

Two weeks ago the farm had visitors, three Japanese men on a mission throughout Latin America to buy raw coffee. Three generations of men (not related though) walked into the room where we had prepared samples of the 20 different types of coffee the farm has to offer. When they entered, there was a short awkward moment of greeting before they silently started to suck the coffee intensively out of a spoon whilst writing down notes about the coffee. This was my first time observing official green bean buying, and to be honest, I felt nervous being in a silent room with experienced men with nothing but the slurping sound from them in the air. Thankfully the atmosphere quickly became more relaxed and all of us started slurping together.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário